Enterprise accounting software is software that allows an organization to keep tabs on financial transactions and data. However, enterprise accounting software goes above and beyond the core accounting processes. Enterprise accounting software comprises modules specific to billing and payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, general ledger, and more. Historically it has been a solution that was installed locally, but cloud-based solutions are increasingly available that tailor specific to enterprise business.
Some of enterprise accounting software’s main functions include:
- Billing and invoice
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Fixed asset
- Inventory management
Benefits of using enterprise-specific accounting software include automation, visibility, cross-departmental collaboration, and streamlined processes. Enterprise accounting is thus prepared to address the top three concerns of CFOs, including developing talent in the finance organization, providing inputs into enterprise strategy, and measuring/monitoring business performance.
When shopping for an enterprise accounting software solution, there are many things to consider, including:
- Ease of use: A user-friendly interface is paramount when you are switching to a new accounting system that you want your employees to adopt.
- Security: Backups, encryption, and user-specific permissions are important, especially for cloud-based enterprise accounting software solutions.
- Mobile access: The cloud affords access to any device with an internet connection, which is ideal for most of today’s business scenarios where employees are remote, traveling, or inclement weather keeps them home.
- Customization: Each organization has different needs, so choosing a solution that will give you some wiggle room to specifically tailor your software to your unique needs is extremely important.
- Integrated modules: Integration is of the utmost important, even if the modules happen to be sold separately. A unified platform will make your business run smoothly.
Flexi for your enterprise needs.
Flexi delivers everything that an enterprise needs to automate accounting and dramatically improve workflow processes. Flexi’s finance and accounting software offers extreme flexibility:
- Connects with any GL or subledger, resulting in easy consolidations from multiple systems
- Deployed in any way needed: on premise, hosted, cloud, or hybrid environments
- Workflow processes are easily defined and set up any way needed
- Reports are easily set up, generated, and shared with anyone who needs them
- Open SOA architecture is designed to seamlessly integrate with any system
- Simple interface allows for user-defined setup of all these parameters and more, without the need for IT programming
Submit your information and get a demo of the Flexi suite today.