Position: Technical Documentation Specialist / Writer
Flexi Software, a 27-year old enterprise software company, is looking for a Technical Documentation Specialist / Technical Writer. Flexi develops commercial enterprise accounting applications for browser-based and client/server deployments. We are looking for an intelligent, motivated individual who craves the excitement and opportunity of a high energy, professional atmosphere. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working with content to produce quality, user-friendly instruction guides.
Responsibilities: In this role, you will write and edit online and printed documentation for users of accounting software applications while obtaining objectives of improved, streamlined documentation. You will apply internal and industry standards and best practices to both new and existing documentation to achieve those goals. In addition, you will work with the Development, Product Marketing and Support departments to clarify business requirements and documentation assignments. The responsibilities include:
- Successfully sets goals and meets tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Has worked independently on projects
- Produces high-quality work with minimal supervision
- Possesses exceptional writing and organizational skills
- Is comfortable managing multiple tasks concurrently and initiating communication with other departments for follow up information
- Has an ability to decipher relevant information from technical specifications for the target user and task
- Exercises a strong commitment to quality and best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years experience in Web-based information development and technical writing
- Experience with MS Word
- Experience developing, writing and editing knowledge base support systems or content for FAQs for client/server applications
- Experience writing and editing software product documentation
- Outstanding writing and editing skills and a proven ability to produce clear, concise information
- Experience with Adobe Toolsets
- Experience with RoboHelp or any other online help package
- Exposure to or knowledge of accounting or experience with accounting software would be a major plus
Flexi provides excellent benefits including paid holidays and paid time off, a 401(k) plan with company participation, health and dental insurance, life and disability insurance, a vision discount plan, auto/homeowner insurance discount plan and AFLAC.
Location: Shelton CT
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon positive background check.
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls, please. Principals Only.
Drug-free workplace. M/F/V/H EEO