Position: SQL Database Development Engineer
Flexi Software, a 26-year old enterprise software company, has an immediate opening for a SQL Development Engineer based in its Shelton, Connecticut, office. Flexi develops commercial enterprise accounting applications for browser-base and client/server deployments. We are looking for an intelligent, motivated individual who craves the excitement and opportunity of a high-energy, professional atmosphere to add to our growing team.
This position is designed for an individual who will create database programs and maintain database schemas using T-SQL and PL/SQL languages for Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle database engines. The programs, such as stored procedures, functions and triggers, represent a unified code base of the Flexi applications, which are packaged and delivered to Flexi’s end customers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and unit test database programs according to provided specification
- Correct defects related to database objects that are reported through QA and customer support channels
- Participate in architecting solutions for new functionality
- Design new database storage structures and develop updates to the existing structures
- Assemble technical database documentation
- Look for ways to enhance design of application for better maintainability and software reuse
- Provide solutions to optimize database performance and concurrency
A candidate should possess the following performance traits:
- Ability to manage workload to deliver quality deliverables that meet requirements and timelines
- Ability to estimate effort related to an assignment, to establish work plans and to manage tasks to completion without detailed supervision
- Timely and accurate communication regarding status of assignments, reassessment of expectations, and risk to deliverables
- Self-sufficient knowledgeable individual who is driven to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in T-SQL programming under SQL Server 2012 or higher is required
- Experience in PL/SQL programming under Oracle 11 or higher is required
- Excellent skills in writing, maintaining, testing and debugging code in applicable programming languages
- Experience with enterprise software applications or with reporting tools that require strong database programming support is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience for a company that sells software
- Proven ability to troubleshoot problems related to high volumes of data is a plus
Candidates should be prepared to discuss their specific experience, examples of their work, and elaborate on the technologies listed as requirements for this job.
Flexi provides excellent benefits including paid holidays and paid time off, a 401(k) plan with company participation, health and dental insurance, life and disability insurance, a vision discount plan, auto/homeowner insurance discount plan and AFLAC.
Location: Shelton CT
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon positive background check.
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Principals Only.
Drug-free workplace. M/F/V/H EEO