Position: Software Developer with DevOps Focus
Flexi Software, an over 25 year old enterprise software company, is looking for a Configuration/DevOps Engineer. Flexi develops commercial enterprise accounting applications for browser-based and client/server deployments. We are looking for a motivated individual who can be in a center of dynamic software development process bringing all pieces together to produce a package deliverable to customers.
Responsibilities: In this role, you will work closely with the AVP of Operations and Chief Technology Officer on day to day activities of managing software application releases for delivery to QA and to customers. These responsibilities include:
- Optimize build processes that span across Visual Studio 2019 projects, online help, documentation files, and SQL scripts.
- Responsible for continuous build deliverables.
- Prepare major releases and cumulative updates, as well as source code escrow.
- Work with the Microsoft Team Server and IBM Rational Clearcase source control.
- Improve the structure and consistency of the C++/C# code base by actively working with developers, source files and code analysis tools.
- Incorporate the automation testing into the build process.
- Actively participate in the planning of, designing for and implementation of a Cloud based solution for the Product.
- Extensive experience with IBM Clearcase or a comparable source control system.
- Hands on knowledge of C++ and C# to analyze and work with MSBuild configuration.
- Develop enhancements to existing build and configuration procedures.
- Implementation and execution of DevOps policies and procedures.
- Experience with being part of a development organization working on an enterprise client/server or browser-based packaged applications.
- Ability to work closely with management and engineers to maintain software releases and support the company’s software development lifecycle activities.
- Ability to work independently and meet deliverables.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience with scripting languages and development tools from Microsoft.
- Experience with building MSI packages is a plus.
Candidates should be prepared to discuss their specific experience, examples of their work, and elaborate on the technologies listed as requirements for this job.
Flexi provides excellent benefits including paid holidays and paid time off, a 401(k) plan with company participation, health and dental insurance, life and disability insurance, a vision discount plan, auto/homeowner insurance discount plan and AFLAC.
Location: Shelton CT
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon positive background check.
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Principals Only.
Drug-free workplace. M/F/V/H EEO